Roslin
Midlothian
Edinburgh

Rosslyn Chapel is a church which dates back to the 15th century and it is located in a town called Roslin which is six miles south of Edinburgh. The chapel is renowned for its magnificent architecture and the worn biblical scenes and pagan sculptures related to Templar traditions.

Rosslyn was designed by William Sinclair, the Count of Caithness and was founded in 1446 as the Collegiate Chapel of St. Matthew. There are various legends and myths about the church which have become quite famous, one of which claims that a line starting in France runs through the church and that there is an underground secret chamber which lies undiscovered below the building.

Following the release of the famous book and film, The Da Vinci Code, the number of visitors to the chapel has somewhat increased as it plays a key role in the last part of the story.

Edinburgh Guide | Historical Buildings in Edinburgh