Place de la Madeleine
Paris

Madeleine is a church which was commissioned by Napoleon and is designed in the form of a classic Greek temple. It was built in 1764 but it was not until 24th July 1842 that it was opened.

It is located between Place Vendrôme and Place de la Concorde, and today, the church is used for the most elegant weddings in Paris. Its best feature is the outer facade which consists of 52 Corinthian columns each 20m high.

Paris Guide |
Historical Buildings in Paris